Many people plan for life events such as weddings and vacations well in advance, but many people do not plan for something that is certain to happen, their funeral. While most people do not want to think about their own mortality, the time to pre-plan your funeral is now. The primary advantages of pre-arranging your funeral is to relieve the burden on your loved ones in an already emotional time, and to ensure your funeral is carried out according to your wishes, eliminating the task of second-guessing what you would have wanted. Taking the time now to arrange your funeral is one less thing your loved ones will need to worry about once you’ve passed. Pre-planning and pre-paying your funeral is one of the most thoughtful gifts you can give to your family.
Pre-paying your funeral reduces stress and financial burden on your loved ones after your passing. We can coordinate a payment plans that suits your needs, from a single payment plan to monthly bank account withdrawals. By pre-paying your funeral you eliminate your family second guessing on if they have spent too much or too little on your funeral. Pre-payment also protects you and your family from inflation, and the growth is non-taxable. Each year thousands of people decide to pre-plan and pre-pay their funeral, these plans are designed to be flexible and can accommodate the many changes that often occur in people’s lives.
What you can do in advance…
- Decide on Burial or Cremation and your casket or urn type.
- Determine if you would like visitation hours or a direct burial or direct cremation.
- Pick what type of service you want (religious, military, non-traditional)
- Write up a draft of your newspaper notice/obituary, where additional family and information can be added as needed.
Benefits of Pre-Planning
- The most difficult decisions are made within the first 24-48 hours of death. It’s challenging to think rationally while making so many decisions within days of losing someone. Pre-planning gives yourself, your family and your friends peace of mind. Pre-planning gives your loved ones direction of your final wishes.
- It’s easy. Anyone can do it, and you can change your mind at any time.